This training has been designed to support Senior Mental Health Leads to implement and sustain an effective whole school/college approach to mental health and wellbeing and will cover the following:
• the benefits of a whole school or college approach, and the purpose and expectations of the senior mental health lead role.
• the factors important to lead strategic change to implement an effective whole school or college approach (policies, processes, staff wellbeing)
• the importance of working effectively with the senior leadership team, Governors, parents/carers and pupils, and with staff in mandatory roles such as SENCOs, Designated Safeguarding Leads, teachers and Virtual School Heads to deliver a whole school or college approach.
• how the senior lead role fits within the wider mental health system to be able to make best use of mental health support services across the NHS, their Local Authority and Voluntary and Community Sector partners.
• existing best practice in schools and colleges, and the benefits of sharing practice and experiences to sustaining an effective whole school or college approach.
• the importance of collecting and assessing data to ensure targeted and appropriate support is provided and to support the effective implementation of a whole school or college approach.
Course Day(s) / Time
7th October 2021 09:00 - 12:00