An interactive workshop for both young people and professionals exploring what gambling is and how it can become harmful. We focus on impacts on mental health, gambling within gaming, how to stay safe if choosing to gamble, and how to access free support should you need it for your own gambling or the gambling of someone close to you.
- To explore the prevalence of gambling and gaming activity in young people.
- To identify warning signs and risk factors of gambling harms.
- To explore the impact of gambling harms on mental health and the brain.
- To promote ways to stay safe if choosing to gamble.
- To identify the impacts of being harmed by gambling or a loved one's gambling.
- To know what free treatment and support services are available and how to refer into them.
Anyone who works directly with children, young people and their families. These courses are particularly suitable for teaching and support staff, school health advisors/nurses, family support workers, youth service providers, social workers, residential support workers, etc.
All courses are FREE of charge to schools and organisations within the Manchester City Council boundary, however a £25 non-attendance fee may be applied if you are unable to attend and less than 24 hours notice is provided (alternative staff may attend in your place).
For schools/organisations outside of Manchester, the following fees will apply:
£50 for full day courses, £30 for half day courses.
Course booking information
Course bookings can be cancelled by email email@example.com up to 24 hours prior to the training date. If cancelled by phone, you must confirm with an email. Please note charges above for non-attendance fee. Courses will begin promptly and participants must attend the full course to receive a Certificate of Attendance.
If you have any questions about the course then please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Day(s) / Time
19th April 2023 10:30 - 12:00