This 2-hour session covers best practice in consulting with parents and carers about the new statutory RSE guidance as well as supporting schools to build strong and ongoing relationships with parents. We will also cover how to develop an RSE curriculum that is inclusive of the values and beliefs of family communities and how to gather this insight.
Part One – The new statutory guidance:
· What do schools need to do to meet the statutory requirements?
· Parental rights & handling withdrawals
· Writing an RSE policy & what needs to be included
Part Two – Working in partnership & planning ahead:
· Best practice – parent engagement & consultation activities
· Developing a curriculum that reflects the values of your parent communities
· Inclusivity – supporting faith & LGBT+ communities
· Maintaining ongoing parent engagement
This course is available for all educational professionals but will be particularly useful for Senior Leadership who are interested in developing effective parent partnerships.
This course is provided free of charge to Manchester schools engaging in the 2022/23 Healthy Schools Programme.
COURSE BOOKING INFORMATION
Please reserve your place by using the online booking system or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If you are interested in the training but are from another organisation then please contact email@example.com to find out about our bespoke training packages/current fees and charges.
Course Day(s) / Time
18th April 2023 11:00 - 13:00
10th November 2022 13:00 - 15:00