This course seeks to give all staff the confidence in having those ‘difficult conversations’ with young people around relationships and sex. The aim of the training is to give teachers and educators a skills-based approach to teaching RSE which enables young people to safeguard themselves and promotes engagement in the lessons.
Key themes will include:-
- Statutory RSE guidance
- Safeguarding yourself and your pupils
- The changing nature of RSE content
- Dealing with sensitive topics and questions
- Increasing engagement with RSE amongst pupils
- Strategies for delivering the RSE curriculum
- Resources to support delivery of RSE within the curriculum
This course is open to all staff who deliver RSE in a primary, secondary or special school setting.
This course is free of charge to all Manchester schools who are engaged with the 2020/21 Healthy Schools Programme.
Course Booking Information
Please check the website for upcoming dates and reserve your place using the online booking system. If you have any questions about the course then Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If you are interested in the training but are from another organisation then please contact us to find out about our bespoke training packages/current fees and charges.
Course Day(s) / Time
10th March 2021 13:00 - 15:30