The series follows the adventures of Alfie, Ellie and Sam as they form a band and enter their school’s Battle of the Bands contest, taking on the mean but ‘cool’ Popcorn Wizards as they go. The three friends learn that while the internet can help them in pursuit of their goal, they need to use it wisely and safely. The resource has been designed to be taught as a part of the PSHE and/or relationships (and health) education curriculum. The resource aims to give children the knowledge, skills and confidence they need to:
- Identify signs of manipulative, pressurising or threatening behaviour online,
- Respond safely if they think someone is trying to manipulate, pressure or threaten them,
- Understand their rights online, and respect those of others,
- Take measures to control their privacy and digital footprint,
- Get help from an appropriate source if they need it.
The animations should be viewed by children in the context of at least three sessions, based on the plans in the resource pack. It can be delivered to classroom-sized groups, smaller groups, and on a one-to-one basis. You can find further guidance on how to deliver the resource in the resource pack.
The Play Like Share series and resource park is available to download for FREE via the following link : Play Like Share Resources
To preview Play Like Share, check out the trailer....Play Like Share trailer